Monday, October 7, 2013

Prism of Life.....Colors of Happiness

I have a "liked" FaceBook page that is quite crystally.  The woman who authors the page is pretty amazing.  She's a writer/blogger, traveler, photographer and "lover of life".  She posts some pretty amazing things on her blog and today was no exception.  She posed the question "what is the color of happiness"?  This got me thinking.  We all know that each chakra has a corresponding color.  We know that if you are deficient in a chakra, simply wearing or surrounding yourself in that color can help boost the chi in that area.  But is it possible that colors correspond to levels of happiness?

I recently did a chakras test which indicated that my root chakra (the grounding chakra) was significantly deficient...shocking since we're about to uproot and move.  My crown chakra (the at peace chakra) is pretty deficient as well, but I can't work on that one until I get my roots planted and that chakra strong again, don't want me being top heavy, falling over and cracking my noggin!  Anyway, my sacral and naval chakras are a little out of whack as well, but I think once I get my poles in gear, those will improve.  What does this have to do with colors of happiness you ask?  Well, let's figure it out together.

Since my root chakra is plugged, it may be prudent for me to start surrounding myself with red, the corresponding color.  Some little things to take note of, I recently changed my phone cover to red and have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen which is accented in red.  I'm going to try wearing red to see if that boosts things.  Oh yeah, I'm no longer blond(ish) as of a few months ago...yep, you guessed it, RED!!

The crown chakra is represented by the color violet.  I happen to be an Aquarius and my birthstone is amethyst...violet/purple!  My favorite color is just about any shade of purple.  The funny thing is that this color/chakra is associated, when deficient, with depression, schizophrenia (HA!), Alzheimer's, confusion/dizziness, insomnia and headaches/migraines to name a few.  Given my current state of limbo, I have been experiencing symptoms of all of these lately.  True story!!  I better hurry up and get my roots in gear so I can get some violet action going on before I'm committed (again)!!
None of this is actually explaining a relationship between colors and happiness is it?  Well, I'm going to try and bring it all together.  See, I'm pretty stable in my mid-section chakras:  brow, throat, heart, solar plexus and sacral.  These colors are indigo, blue, green, yellow and orange.  If you were to step back and take a look at my life and the things that make me happy, they would scream these colors!  Indigo, blue and green are the colors I see each and every day when I look out my window.  They are the colors of the sky and ocean, and the beautiful colors that lead up to it from the view in my dining room.  Yellow and orange are the bright colors I see when I wake up each day in the sunrise, which surrounds the sea.  Just typing this is causing a warm, comforting feeling in my middle.  I'm surrounded by the amazing colors that make up the place I now call home.  This beautiful island is filled with all the colors of the rainbow, but these five colors dominate.  Here's your correlation people, I am happiest here on this little rock in the middle of the Pacific.  I am surrounded by the colors that make up this happiness.  The color I lack the most is here, yes, but it is only in sporadic places; a flower here, a berry there.  Violet is here as well, but again, that particular color is limited to small parts of the whole picture.

I'm going to start looking for, and intentionally bringing in, the color red to my life.  There's other ways to open up chakras and I'll work on those, but colors are the easiest.  Something tells me that once I have my roots unbound and can spread my wings a bit, I'll enjoy the journey I'm about to embark on.  I just have to tilt my head in the direction of the prism to see the beautiful colors it's bringing forth for me.  I truly feel that the more you tilt your head, or open your heart, the more you will be able to see different colors.  Just pick the color you like best and keep your head tilted in that direction!

Life's a beach, and then you live on one...

No comments:

Post a Comment