Monday, November 4, 2013

Universal Law of Attraction...Bring It On

I believe in the Universal Law of Attraction.  Basically, it just means what you put out there is what you get back.  Our life is determined by our thoughts more so than our actions.  That's because what we think usually determines our actions.  If we have negative thoughts, we will attractive negative energy and bad things will continue to come.  If we take a second to snap out of it and turn our energy into something positive, good things will start to flourish!

I know from first hand personal experience that this is true.  The hard part is to always try to stay positive.  I'm a firm believer of the Universe giving us credit for intent.  I think our energy fields communicate when we try hard to be positive and fail more than when we are just in a shitty mood or down in the dumps.
I follow an update page on Facebook of this little boy, Tripp Halstead, who was injured in a freak accident about a year ago and sustained a traumatic brain injury.  This is the most inspirational family I have come across.  Trip is an only child and his mom is just amazing.  She's so positive all the time.  Oh, don't get me wrong, she has her down moments, but never around Tripp.  With Tripp, it's nothing but "I love you's" and positive energy.  I'm inspired by her drive and motivation.  If you've never heard of this family or read their story, please go to their Facebook page and catch up.  They will truly bring a light to your heart.

Why the sad story, well first of all, it's only partially sad.  The overall story is truly uplifting.  These parents love their child so much and will go to the ends of the earth for him.  In turn, they have such a huge outpouring of support coming from all over the world.  Do you know what that support can do for a person?  Even if you don't know the people supporting you, their love and light is penetrating.  The saying "it takes a village" is so very true on many levels.  The love and determination of the "village" will get these parents through this tough life with their child, regardless of the day to day outcomes.  When they rest their heads at night, they will know that their positive energy attracted positive energy and will continue to spread positive energy all for the good of their boy.

 My point to all of this rambling is that we all face challenges in our lives, be them daily, weekly or just occasionally.  It's how we perceive these challenges and how we react to them that determines whether they just go away or more challenges follow.  One person has the ability to live an extremely happy life just based on their own outlook.  However, if we choose to surround ourselves with happy positive people (as opposed to those that are miserable and limited) we can feed off of each other's energy and the Universe, in turn, will be forced to return more positive energy to all of us.  Whooweeee!  That's a lot of happy dancing!

So, who cares if you are in the middle of negativity?  Who cares if you are about to move from a place you love to a place you are less than thrilled about?  Who cares if you are at odds with a friend or don't get along with your in-laws?  Who cares if you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed?  As long as you recognize the negativity that you are sharing with the world and work to turn it around, it all really doesn't matter.  Everything will all work out the way it is supposed to in the end.  You will either like the outcome or learn to like it one way or the other.  The only thing we can change in life is our attitude.  Everything else is completely out of the circle of our control.  So, take a moment and acknowledge the misery, give it a hug and then throw it off a cliff!  Now snap out of it!

 My life is now in the throws of chaos.  Our move is coming quicker than I thought it would.  We have house things still to complete.  My husband has a special occasion in which we will be hosting a couple dozen family and friends in a town I know nothing about, when I will likely have no furniture (or at the very least not be unpacked), with a mix of people some of whom I know, others I've only met once.  I must put on my happy face, grab me a huge/bottomless glass of wine and say "who cares, let's party"!!  I'm determined to not let differences between myself and some people invade my life any longer.  It's just not worth it.  I'm determined to not let the idea of moving for the fourth time in 2 1/2 years make me crazy.  Mostly, I'm going to keep stockpiling all those silver linings I keep finding about the current, and upcoming, situations.  I'm going to stick them all in a box and one day when it is all hitting the fan, I'm going to open that box, pull out each silver lining one by one and give thanks to my Universe for pointing them out to me.  I will keep my head high, a smile on my face and determination to have a good time with life at the forefront, regardless of who tries to stop me.  Because after all, nobody else cares but me.

Life's a beach and then you live on one...



No comments:

Post a Comment